ICT50415 Diploma Of Information Technology Networking
- Successful completion of this qualification prepares graduates for further studies in ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security, or a range of other ICT Advanced Diplomas or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications, or other relevant higher education sector qualifications.
- Merage Global Institute Of Technology – 91798 has approved articulation arrangements with Southern Cross University (SCU), recognising the learning students complete within ICT50418 Diploma of Information Technology Networking for entry into the first or second year of a related SCU course, with maximum credit for prior learning. Read more here.
- On successful completion of the ICT50418 Diploma of Information Technology Networking course, students are eligible to enter the Bachelor of Networking delivered by the Melbourne Institute of Technology (MIT), Sydney. (8 unit credits will be awarded towards your degree). For all other degrees clarify with your desired University for more information.
This qualification has a strong ICT (Information Communication Technology) networking base, which includes server technology, network infrastructure, virtualization and security. Possible job roles include:
- Network administrator
- IT administrator
- IT operations administrator
- Network services administrator
- Network support coordinator
- Network operations analyst
- Network security coordinator
- Network e-business coordinator.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to manage, as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team, the installation of a range of networks including inter-networking, security and e-business integration.
Detailed information on the employ ability skills gained during this certification are available online here.
Students will need satisfactorily complete the following units to achieve the ICT50418 Diploma in Information Technology Networking. These are listed in order of their delivery.
Code Core Units
ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
ICTNWK529 Install and manage complex ICT networks
ICTSUS501 Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
ICTTEN611 Produce an ICT network architecture design
Code Elective Units
ICTNWK531 Configure an internet gateway
ICTNWK509 Design and implement a security perimeter
ICTNWK511 Manage network security
ICTNWK504 Design and implement an integrated server solution
ICTNWK505 Design, build and test a network server
ICTTEN514 Install, configure and test a server
ICTNWK503 Install and maintain valid authentication processes
ICTNWK502 Implement secure authentication processes
ICTNWK507 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers
ICTNWK508 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches
ICTNWK506 Configure, verify and troubleshoot WAN links and IP services in a medium enterprise network
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Have a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy assessment
- Have access to a computer with an internet connection